The property was founded by the Liberal family in the 18th century. Wine brokers, they sold most of the harvest in the Netherlands and Belgium. Over time, the vineyard was formed with the best terroirs of Pauillac. Thus, this fifth Classified Growth in 1855 today has half of its vineyard adjoined to that of Château Latour and the other half behind Château Pichon Baron, located on the heights of the place called "Bages", south of Pauillac.
Since the acquisition of the estate by her family in 1983, Claire Villars Lurton undertook a redesign of winemaking in 2000 and a complete renovation in 2018.
Aware of the heritage legacy, his choice is naturally towards sustainable viticulture as for all of his wines. The property, which since 2008 has led half of its vineyard biodynamically, has undertaken a total conversion to organic farming and biodynamics.
French, EnglishPayment cards, Cheques and postal orders, Cash