Share your #edenaquitain find with your community!
As summer approaches, Carcans-Maubuisson is transformed into an open-air stage! By the lake and in the heart of the town, the creativity of professional and amateur troupes and actors will allow you to enjoy the mildness of the summer season in a different way. See you on the 27th and the 28th of May 2023!
During a weekend, 24 companies (amateur, semi-professional and professional) will perform their short theatre piece in front of the general public and a jury of professionals. Their objective? To pass the qualifications, reach the final and win the first prize!
When will it take place?
On Saturday the 27th and Sunday the 28th of May 2023
In Carcans-Maubuisson, on 3 open-air stages and at the Salle de l'Estran
The Médoc Atlantique Tourist Office and the city hall of Carcans-Maubuisson in partnership with the Cours Florent.
The Short Theatre Festival is above all a place for exchange and sharing between theatre and creation enthusiasts!
In order to frame this new concept, 7 rules have been drawn up to guide the participating companies in the Festival:
- Duration: 20 minutes maximum
- Actors: 5 maximum on stage
- Sets: 3 set pieces simultaneously
- Style: comedy, drama, cabaret, music hall, object theatre... no rules as long as the company gives its best!
- Format: plays, extracts from plays, models... each company is free to propose the format that suits them best.
- Indoor or outdoor: the plays must be able to be presented in any setting.
- Philosophy: good humour and a sense of sharing will be the key words for the troupes, the organisers and the public!
the 2023 programme
- You might meet some rising stars
- Stages in the enchanting setting of the lake of Carcans-Hourtin
- It's totally free! For the troupes and for the spectators!