Share your #edenaquitain find with your community!
The "Virée des Galopins" was created in 2004 to discover the beauty of the Médoc and to make Soulac-sur-Mer the place to be for running in July.
The seaside resort of Soulac-sur-Mer, with its magnificent villas, its GR8 winding through the forest, lined with fortifications dating from the Second World War, and its exceptional views directly over the Atlantic and the Cordouan lighthouse, is the perfect setting for this event.
They have turned this training ground into a race.
On the programme
- A 15km nature race along the seafront, the GR8 and the mountain bike circuit between tarmac, undergrowth and a breathtaking view of the ocean. A demanding, hilly circuit, but very pleasant to run.
- A 6km circuit exclusively on road. You will ride along the seafront, then you will discover the treasures of Soulac, the sumptuous houses and villas as well as its Basilica. A very rolling course specific to performance.
- Not to forget the future champions, there are 4 children's races (Pitchouns 800m, Poussins 1200m, Benjamins 2,2km and Minimes 3,2km) to introduce the youngest to running and give them a taste of competition.
- Walkers will not be left out, with a 14km walk to take full advantage of the breathtaking views and shady paths.
- To reward each participant, a famous sweet and savoury buffet will satisfy the most demanding taste buds.